Applies to: Player 5.2 for ArcGIS Pro, Player 4.5 for ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, Player 4.4 for ArcMap, Player 4.3
The Player Suite uses RLM from Reprise Software for license management. For more information about RLM, refer to: http://www.reprisesoftware.com.
There are two types of RLM licenses available for Player:
- Nodelocked - a standalone license locked to a single computer. This is the simplest type of license and useful when you only have one computer Player will run on.
- Floating - a floating license can be shared between computers within your organisation. This is also referred to as a concurrent license. A floating license requires the assistance of your IT group to setup. Refer to this article to install a floating license for Player.
Obtaining a Nodelocked license
The steps to find the information GIS-PAX requires to generate a nodelocked license are:
- Click the Start button in Windows and type CMD.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: getmac /v
- Next type: hostname
Alternative use the command: ipconfig /all
- Capture a screenshot of the details. Email this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email with your nodelocked license file.
Installing or replacing a Nodelocked license for Player 4.5
The steps to install or replace a nodelocked license are:
- In Windows File Explorer Copy the Player4_NodeLocked_<your_details>.lic file and Paste to C:\Program Files (x86)\GIS-pax\Player\License (or the location the Player software is installed).
- Start ArcMap.
- If the Player / PlayPen toolbar is not visible, click Customize > Toolbars > Player / PlayPen.
- If the Player commands on the Player / PlayPen toolbar are disabled, click Customize > Extensions... In the Extensions dialog click the checkbox to turn on Player - Play Analysis. If there are no errors or warning, Click Close, the Player software is ready to be used.
Installing or replacing a Nodelocked license for Player 5.2
Player 5.2 uses either the RLM_LICENSE or GISPAX_LICENSE environment variable (as a user or system variable depending on what you have access to add) to locate the nodelocked license file. The steps to install or replace a nodelocked license are:
- In Windows File Explorer Copy the Player5_NodeLocked_<your_details>.lic file and Paste somewhere permanent, it doesn't matter where.
- Click the Windows Start button and type Environment. In the search list Click Edit the System Environment Variables.
- In the System Properties dialog Click Environment Variables...
- To add an environment variable (either user or system) Click Add... Click the Variable name: textbox and enter RLM_LICENSE or GISPAX_LICENSE . Either environment variable works, if RLM_LICENSE is already defined, use GISPAX_LICENSE. Click Browse File... and navigate to the nodelocked license file specified in step 1. Click Open then OK and OK.
- Start ArcGIS Pro.
- On the Player tab Click License > Get license. Highlight the license you want to use and Click Check Out. If there are no errors or warning, Click Close, the Player software is ready to be used.
If any warning or errors appeared, refer to the article on common RLM errors. Otherwise contact GIS-PAX Support.