Applies to: Player 4.x on ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro
Newer versions of ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro may still require some version of the database access drivers.
Alternative versions to the 2007 driver are available for download from Microsoft. Microsoft refers to them by different names but they will all address your issue.:
- Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Center. Please choose the 32-bit version of the download. The 2010 version will install and work when 64bit versions of MS Office are installed.
- Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Center. Please choose the 32-bit version of the download. The 2016 version will NOT install when 64bit versions of MS Office are installed. In this case, please use the 2010 version instead.
ESRI relate support articles:
- ArcMap and EXCEL files - Understanding how to use Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS—Help | Documentation
- ArcGIS Pro and EXCEL files - Work with Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
- ArcGIS Pro - Install the drivers to work with Microsoft Excel files—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
NOTE: Player 5.x onwards is does NOT require XLSX support. You may still wish to install the drivers to access XLSX files in ArcGIS Pro but this is not required for Player 5.x to work.